Monday, August 15, 2011

Adjusted Review of the Super 8 Motel in Muskegon, Michigan

If you google "review of super 8 motel in muskegon michigan" you will find that the hotel rated one star in the opinion of more than one guest. But I believe it is a matter of perspective, so I thought I'd share mine.

Me, the hubsand and the G12 stayed a pleasant 4 nights in two tents at the campground, but when the forecast called for nearly 2 inches of gully-washing, we opted to pack up our dry tents and dry gear and spend the last night in the above mentioned establishment.

So here are the highlights of the hotel as I saw it, having come from the campground:

Beds. In each room there were two queen sized beds, both with sheets and blankets and pillows that were not damp or musty smelling.

Floor complete with carpet rather than sand, dirt, and pine needles, relatively safe for little crawlers to practice their newly acquired mobility.

Bug-free. No bees, mosquitoes, flies, daddy-long-legs, or other unidentified critters.

Lights everywhere, outlets everywhere, sand-free shower right in the room! Holler back.

Toilet that I got to flush myself.

The benefit that comes with doors of knowing exactly where each of my darlings was.

No smell of smoke, bug spray, or me.

Having said all that, would I rather have been back at the campground, around the fire, on a lawn chair, eating s'mores, wearing bug spray and damp clothes and dirty kids, walking half a block to the john and with crud in my shoes? Oh yeah. You better believe it.

But in context, the Super 8 was a sweet change, and way better than being washed away in the Little Black Creek.

No comments: