Monday, February 22, 2010

joy in the journey

i have a cycle i go through
resolution
success
pride
failure
repentance
humility
resolve
leaning
illness

my weight loss battles usually end here
in the throes of a horrible cough
lack of oxygen
and will
i don't feel good
therefore
i will eat
and eat
and eat more

not this time
i will trust in my Redeemer
i will not forsake You my Father
i'll set my gaze upon no other

forgetting what lies behind
and reaching forward to what lies ahead
i press on toward the mark
of the prize
of the high calling of God
in Christ Jesus

apart from Him i can do nothing
but i can do all things through Christ
Who gives me strength

they that wait upon the Lord
they will mount up with wings as eagles
they will run and not grow weary
they will walk and not faint

No comments: