Sunday, June 27, 2010

Exceedingly, abundantly

I'm pregnant. I'm adopting and I'm pregnant. We are home study approved, with a baby on the way. I am blessed, exceedingly and abundantly beyond all that I could ask or think. To think that God would give us favor, a positive home study experience, a favorable report, a positive pregnancy test, and a confirmation of a favorable home study report. I just never would have thought it could happen.

"Somehow my weak glance has overwhelmed You, somehow my weak love has stolen away Your heart. And though I'm dark You say, I am lovely. Though I'm poor You say I am beautiful." (Sarah Edwards I think)

Somehow. The sermon today talked about what a screw-up (my term) Abraham was with all his "say you're my sister so they won't hurt me," and the Hagar incident, and in Hebrews it says "Abraham never wavered in his belief that God would fulfill His promise". Somehow God doesn't see what we see. He loves the yes in our hearts. And His grace is enough for so much weakness.

I wouldn't have believed it, and yet, here we are, within reach of our heart's desire. A little baby boy or girl with chocolaty brown skin and dark eyelashes and curly black hair. The thing I desired the most and feared the most, that I would get pregnant and not be able to adopt, has happened and not happened, and my heart is so full of joy at the double blessing of the Lord.

"I know that my Redeemer lives
What joy this blessed sentence gives
He lives, He lives, Who once was dead
He lives, my ever-living Head"

My soul doth magnify the Lord!

No comments: