Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Nothing left to say

Since before I can remember my parents have been friends with these two couples, I think they were originally all part of a couples' group at church. Even after none of us lived in the same town anymore, we went camping every summer together. The oldest kid except for me was a boy named Chad.

Most of us kids have grown apart and lost touch over the years, so I was unaware that Chad and his wife had tried for years to get pregnant, and were due with their first baby on the same day as me. Last night I got a couple e-mails from my folks saying that in the last few days, Chad's wife, Sara, and unborn baby were killed in a car wreck. They tried to save the baby, Miranda Evangeline, but she was without oxygen too long before the c-section, so she was finally taken off life support last night.

If the baby in my tummy has Down syndrome, I will have every reason to be grateful. If he/she dies, I will still be wealthy beyond imagination. If I lost one or half or even all my children, but still had my husband, I would still be so very blessed.

My childhood playmate has nothing left but Jesus. Please pray for him today.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

You are absolutely right. There are thousands of things that are truly tragedies, and Down syndrome is NOT one of them.

Tara said...

That just takes my breath away. Praying deeply for Chad. May the God of all comfort be with him now.

Do you ever sometimes see a glimpse of the future when you pray for someone? I believe, like Job, Chad will smile again and his life will be full. I so wish he didn't have to walk this darkness in the mean time.