Friday, June 17, 2011

Tribute to my children's daddy

It is a couple days before Father's Day, and so I wanted to take a moment to honor the man of my dreams.

He is tall (well, tall to me anyway), fair, and easy on the eyes. He is more handsome every year. He has wonderful blue eyes and a fantastic smile.

He is an excellent worker. I tell him that if I had a company, I would want to fill it with employees like him. He is conscientious and diligent. He never makes excuses, and even when he has a good one, he doesn't use it. He takes good care of people and things. He is always gentle and kind.

He is passionate, especially about God. He has a look that he gets, when I know he has heard from the Lord. It is at those moments I love him the most, and am glad to follow him anywhere.

He is a great daddy. He loves his children tirelessly, denying himself over and over again to fix a bike or computer, to go back for something forgotten, to carry a sleeping child (or four) to bed, up and down the same flight of stairs several times.

His favorite way to spend an evening is snuggled on the couch with a kid on each side and a couple on his lap watching a movie with them, listening to them laugh and watching them dance during the credits. He doesn't have a desire to get away from them. He loves his children.

And even though I know I am his helpmeet, I have to say what a gift he is to me.

Thankful for my husband.

No comments: