Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Amazing Super Mom, Really?

I feel the need to clarify every so often, that I don't honestly think of myself as amazing or super. It used a be a joke. I would be at the grocery store with a baby strapped on my front and a toddler on my back and a 2 year old in the front of the cart and a 4 year old in the back, trying to squeeze some groceries in, or be at the van with everyone in their carseats smearing their faces with recently acquired granola bars while I feverishly cram the groceries in the back, all so I can hoard my precious time when Daddy is home to be with him, and I would think, who do think I am, the amazing supermom?

Of course, that was long ages ago. Now I leave the multitudes at home with the eldest or with Daddy and take a couple mid-sized humans with me, buy 3 times as many groceries, and dread coming home and having to put it all away.

But I still have that joke - who do I think I am? When I'm about to have a new baby while my youngest is still very much a baby, who do I think I am? When I'm homeschooling my daughter through physics, which I never took, who do I think I am? When I went through that agonizing, amazing, depleting season with three babies, nursing two and bottle feeding the third, often just laying on the couch with the two little ones sleeping on me, who did I think I was?

But it is also a name God gave me, it is the way He sees me. Because I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me, because He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I can ask or think, because He causes my cup to overflow, because He has lavished His grace on me and has blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, I am the amazing supermom.

Because He has given me everything I need to get through the next hour and the next day and the next many years, because He hears me EVERY TIME I cry out to Him and meets me everytime I turn my face toward Him, I am the amazing supermom.

Because when I lean on Him and abide in Him, there is nothing I can't do, I am the amazing supermom.

No comments: