Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Wimped out

Yeah, I wimped out.

I got really overwhelmed before I made it out of my bedroom today, and the mass trip to Walmart was quick to get dropped from the critical list. Here's what I DID do:

I put medicine on Eight's wart
Changed diapers, found bottles, washed bottles, filled bottles with milk, fed breakfast
Ironed shirt, then lint removed the dog hair from it
I finished the testing for two kids and got a third child to within one
4 loads of laundry were run, not by me, but I'm taking credit
I buddy wrapped my broken toe
Fed 14 children smashed bread sandwiches, using up the last of the bread that I dropped a case of bottled water on
My niece, who has been visiting her bread-crust consuming cousins for several days, ate her crust (also something I didn't do but am totally taking credit for)and didn't choke, die or throw up
I did my devotional set at the house of prayer
I brought 10 kids, 2 guitars, 3 drumsticks, a backpack, 3 Bibles, lunch for 14, and a dog to pick up my older kids (if you're keeping track and the numbers confuse you, that's 12 of mine minus the 4 at leadership training, plus one niece, plus another 9 yr old girl that hangs with us on Tuesdays in the summer)
Fed kids spaghetti for supper and cleaned the babies up after
Took oldest 5 to Walmart (much easier than 14)

What can I say, I'm a lightweight.

No comments: