Wednesday, January 20, 2010

binge

i binged tonight. my breakfast was leftover thai curry cashew chicken, my lunch was a nice but too big for lunch italian feast at a friend's house, and my supper was appropriately conservative.

then i binged. i felt out of control and was eating for comfort. i was upset. a lyric off an iphone commercial on youtube pulled me out, of all things. but i ate (don't laugh - it's the out of control that makes it a binge) 4 or so bites of turkey, most of a turkey and cheese tortilla, two cups of hot chocolate, and about 4 bites of frozen cheese cake.

it's not a bad binge, but i didn't need any of it, none of it did me any good (except the turkey), and i felt lousy.

but! i jumped right on the treadmill, did my 390 calories (uphill both ways, and i was grateful) and i think i'm still on track to go where i want to go.

now, class, what should i have done when i was upset? yes, i should have gone to the piano or gotten out my Bible and worked it out properly. instead of trying to cover it up with comfort food, i should have prayed it out. lesson learned.

1 comment:

Ibby said...

:-)

Today I did something I try to never do - went to the grocery store hungry. Somehow I managed to get out of there with only cinnamon raisin bread added to my list. Happy day.