Wednesday, September 22, 2010

news from the aforementioned abyss

First off, sorry about my last post, was falling asleep @ end so didn't finish the point. Second, I'm blogging with my phone from a hospital room in florida, hence the lazy texting style typing.

The abyss refers to the big unknown, not any part of it. I am with our birthmom, who is resting. She is dealing with some pre-eclampsia things so the docs are gently and carefully (read slowly and tediously) inducing her labor.

She is lovely and sweet and gracious even tho she feels lousy. We had time alone to talk about some of the things that we needed to - good for me, good for her.

We came w/o knowing when baby would b born, not b'cuz we thought it was necessarily time for baby, but out of a desire to be with her mama. And I am so very glad we did. It has been precious.

She is going to give me a bracelet so I can c baby when I want to; she wants me in the room when she's born; and I'm going to cut the cord.

My husband is here with #1 and #3 sons, they saw the sunrise on the beach, took naps in the hotel room, and went shopping for a gift for our birthmom. They have been up here some, but are trying to give her some privacy. She has two close friends here also.

I am in awe at God's grace and her strength. There is much grace and peace in this room. I am blessed.

More later.

No comments: