Thursday, September 02, 2010

Today

Today is an exciting day.

(Disclaimer: I know that there are lots of ups and downs on the road to adoption and that this up might be followed by a huge down and that lots of people have lots of obstacles . . . but I'm sharing the up here, and you can enjoy this part of the journey with me if you want to.)

Today another birthmom will receive our profile in the mail and will decide whether to allow our large and growing family to be her daughter's forever family. So what? Families are shown to birthmoms all the time, right? We have some friends who were shown to something like 15 birthmoms over a period of 2 months. We've been shown to 2, maybe 3. So why do I think this day is such a big deal?

Well, part of it is the situation. We are the only family being shown to a woman who is not raising her other children. She has already been told about our family and still wanted to see our profile.

The other reason I think this might be it is because of God things. Little things, but significant to me, things that are God's fingerprints, I think. Things God has spoken to me, to my children. Ways He has changed my heart and prepared me.

I don't know if it will happen for sure, but at this point, I'm praying that God would close the door if this baby isn't for us. We are also praying for spiritual, mental, and physical health for our baby and birthmom, and for God to take care of details like dates, dollars, accommodations, and care for our other children while we go.

God is so good, God is so good
God is so good, He's so good to me

God answers prayer, God answers prayer
God answers prayer, He's so good to me

I love Him so . . .

No comments: