Friday, March 11, 2011

The amazing supermom rides again

Do you know what I did today?

I got up, nursed one baby, grabbed a shower, shaved pits and ankles, nursed another baby and fed another baby a bottle. I am the amazing supermom.

An hour later, I nursed a baby while flipping home made whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes (mine had pecans in them too). I am the amazing supermom.

At least once today I nursed two babies while giving a third a bottle. I am the amazing supermom.

This evening, I had a baby on my back in my Ergo, was nursing a baby while carrying the following: my water jug (empty), my phone and charger, a bag of wet cloth diapers, a small canister of formula, and a small trash can full (and overflowing) of poopy cloth diapers and soiled clothes . . . and came up stairs with all that. I am the amazing supermom.

I also won solitaire on my phone 5 times today.

This week we went to a drum lesson, a training set at the house of prayer, Awanas, the dentist, the allergist, and a friend's yard so my eldest son could pick up their dog's poop. We did most of our school most days and have most of our laundry clean and some of it put away. Wonderful people who love us are bringing meals every other day, but other than that, we are beginning to breathe and move on our own, and it feels good.

My husband and eldest are both eating in a healthy way, and I think I will join them sometime soon. For now, I'm enjoying the calories I think I deserve while nursing two, and the grace, as He gently leads this nursing ewe. And I'm enjoying all the little triumphs along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING! You have accomplished more than I!