Sunday, March 20, 2011

It is time

My twins are about to turn 1 and 6 months. People are done bringing meals, mostly. It is time for me to begin eating more appropriately. I just want to go on record here. I am not talking about a psycho frantic crazy diet. I just need to eat things that are good for me and not eat things that are bad for me. Fruit, veggies, whole grains, lean meats, good dairy - all okay to eat. Chocolate, brownies, ice cream, cookies, refined grains, etc. - these I will save for birthdays, special occasions, not eat all day, every day, whatever I want, whenever I want it.

To review my reasons for wanting to eat healthier:

I want to weigh less than my husband (a lot less).
I want to not have high blood pressure.
I want to be a person my daughter (and all my children) can respect and imitate.
I want to feed my spiritual and emotional and physical needs with appropriate and healthy "food".
I want to feel better and be smaller.

Tomorrow may not be stellar, because I haven't shopped or planned for healthier eating. I will wait another week to start walking, I think.

Anyway, just wanted to go on record, going to start to try. Here goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know if you want any of the info I've gathered on my seemingly-eternal quest. I'm finding motivation hard to come by, because "stuff" keeps finding its way into my house! But, I will go with you through this, as I'm on this battleground, too! :)

Unknown said...

How is this adjustment going? I'm all for walking the neighborhhod and pushing one or two of your strollers! Let me know.