Monday, May 21, 2012

The house that Jack built

I'm laying awake in bed on a night that I desperately need to be sleeping, thinking about ways I can send one of my dearest friends to the other side of the world. My cherished friend, Mary Lyn Noeth, and her husband Peter are simply two of the godliest people I have ever known. Their long time dream of being part of the Wycliffe team of Bible translators is near fulfillment, or not. The only thing stopping them is a piddly little thing called money.

What they want to do sounds a little like the story of the house that Jack built. Maybe something like this:
This is the man who keeps the planes running to take the supplies to the missionaries up in the jungle who translate the Word for a people who haven't heard that the God of creation speaks the language of their heart.

Or, this is the woman who teaches the children of the people who lay down their lives learning and translating the Bible into languages not yet written so that all may know that God so loved them, that He gave His Son to save then and gave His Word to them in the language their heart speaks.

Now, they didn't ask me to do this. In fact, I may be disobeying some godly Wycliffe rule by writing this up, but I thought, laying in my bed, that I might be able to get back to sleep better if I use my blog tonight to, instead of whining about some aspect of motherhood or weight loss or whatever, to invite you to be part of their team of senders and prayers.

I don't know about you, but we have more Bibles than people in my house. And we have a lot of people! But there are those who have yet to know Him, yet to hear Him, and we can help. Pray about it. What is God saying? If you want to know more or jump in, here is their blog: www.thenoeths.blogspot.com (you have to go to the web version to connect with them, the mobile version doesn't tell you)

No comments: