Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Recap

So here's how the parade went down.

Saturday morning my expectations were gruesomely low. (sorry)

Saturday afternoon, husband and oldest six went shopping, ostensibly for me for mother's day, and came back with what seemed to be stuff for them. Hmmn.

Saturday evening, the eldest kicks me and husband out of the house, so they can prepare. I should mention that on Friday, she made a loaf of whole wheat French bread and won't let anyone touch it. We go to dinner, have a good chat, and go to Home Depot to talk about how to make our bathroom a happier, more functional place.

Saturday night, I go to bed knowing that something special awaits me for breakfast.

Sunday morning, I awaken to a child asking if he can have his second computer turn. I tell him that waking up your mother on Mother's Day to ask to have a computer turn is evil and to go talk to Dad.

But when I come downstairs to a beautiful blueberry breakfast casserole, I really did feel pretty cherished. By the end of the day, I ate probably 2/3rds of it myself. I got great home made cards, a necklace made by same daughter, and a gift from my husband that I really wanted but did not need (I was afraid he was going to get me a crock pot to replace my broken one). I was home with my family most of the day and they all did lots of helping so that I didn't have to do much.

It was a great day and I was thankful.

No comments: