Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Life with 2

What's it like with a dozen kids, people wonder. This week I'm down to the youngest two, the babies, the one year olds. So today I can tell you what life with a dozen is NOT like.

It's Tuesday and I just am running the dishwasher (singular) for the first time.

We can eat anywhere and anything we want. They don't care.

The boy goes back to sleep in the morning and I'm having to get him up, which means I haven't gotten dressed before 8 two days in a row. (As opposed to having a big kid drop a crying baby on me at 6:15 every morning.)

Going in and out of places carrying two babies and a diaper bag strengthens biceps and hips.

For breakfast today they shared a bagel. Unbelievable.

We went through Taco Bell the other day for well under 10 dollars and it took seconds to give us our food. (Normally we can't even go drive through there, someone has to go in, it costs 35 dollars, and takes 20 minutes to fill our order. So we don't do it very often.)

Neither of them speaks enough English to interrupt a grown up conversation, so my husband and I have been able to have some of those. The flip side is that neither of them get my jokes or are very interested in my stories.

Not getting, um, walked in on. Nuf said. Weird.

I can listen to whatever radio station I want!

No comments: