Friday, November 09, 2012

Laundry Pure update

It has been nearly 3 months that I have been using the laundry pure thing, and I just wanted to report on it. I am still skeptical. I am still in disbelief. I still don't understand how my clothes are getting clean. I keep smelling things after washing them with no soap or hot water or bleach, keep checking, and they still are getting clean. It is an amazing thing, and honestly, it seems too good to be true. I am afraid to trust it. But it is true. My clothes and other stuff are getting clean, load after load, without soap or hot water. I'm not making this up.

If you are thinking about doing it, if you are an earth day, every day kind of person, if you want to save money in the long run, if you have people in your world who have the kind of sensitive skin that makes soaps a problem, if you want your stuff, especially cloth diapers, to last a whole lot longer - I recommend this thing.

I have only used it for 3ish months, but I probably do more laundry in 3 months than many families do in a year. And I am saying on record here that all my stuff is getting as clean or cleaner as it ever has with Tide with bleach. Bumgenius diapers, Fuzzibunz Mama Care products, stinky pits and stinky washclothes and towels - all of it.

I don't know why or how, but I have not bought or used any soap in 3 months and all our stuff just really is clean. No hot water. Sometimes if we put too much in (and we do that because our main laundry guys are 8 and 9 - one fills it too full and one not full enough, go figure) we have to run it an extra time. Last week the too full guy ran a whole load of already clean and folded shirts. The washer was so full that some of the shirts were still folded. Didn't run that again because they were already clean, but you get the picture.

And over the weekend, I did laundry at a friend's house and twice almost forgot to put soap in!

I will let you know if I change my mind about this thing. But at this point I am quite mystified, but completely convinced.

Some of you asked, and there is an additional attachment that makes it work for hard water, I didn't find out about the other electrical attachments, and there are no more refurbs at this time.

No comments: