Saturday, January 22, 2011

Better, sort of

Doing better.

The cavalry came. Laundry, dishes, meals, cleaning up, tidings of comfort and joy. What blessings friends are!

Blood pressure medicine working, pressures back in the safe range, even sitting, even after getting up and making a few pbj's, even living a little. I still have a headache, but pretty mild. So that's better too.

My house looks better, there is a bottom to both sinks, the laundry is clean, and some put away. That means my husband is happier, and that is good too.

The other side is that my husband is overwhelmed with work right now. It happens to everyone from time to time. This is one of those times for him. He will be able to push pause and take a break when I need him, i.e., when it is time to have the baby, and he is doing everything he can to do everything I am not doing here, but I just miss down time with my man. I miss his heart and mind when he is carrying the weight of the world (much of it being the things I'm not doing) doing ever so much more than his share.

I am 35.5 weeks pregnant and will definitely have a baby sometime in the next month and a half. Furthermore, I will definitely have a baby that is either a boy or a girl, and has either 46 or 47 chromosomes. I can say also, with certainty, that I will either be induced or I will go into labor on my own. And I'm pretty sure it will take somewhere between 1 and 20 hours, roughly.

I am trying to gear up for the long haul. I'm trying not to worry about the blood pressure/pre-eclampsia/headache things. I am trying to turn my trial (it is a small trial, really) into an opportunity to acquire some perseverance, proven character, hope, all that jazz. Patience, focus on the Lord, who knows all things, the date of my baby's birth, the gender, the number of his or her days, the name, hair color, and yes, number of chromosomes.

If I can just get my head out of my butt and press in to the One, the Sovereign, if I can just reach out and cling to the Faithful One, the Friend, if I can stop searching Google and Babycenter and rest my heart in that secret place . . . I think there might just be some peace.

Maybe my headache would even go away.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Better is good.