Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Finalization Day!

It is finished. Our adoption is finalized. As of approximately 12:30 p.m., c.s.t. It is as if I carried her in my womb, she is our daughter. She belongs to us and we belong to her. Until death separates us.

It was a beautiful moment: my husband and me, our little treasure of a daughter, the notary, the attorney, the judge, and a speaker phone. We gave a vow, answered some questions, the judge complimented our family picture and said he will keep it.

I feel like passing out cigars. The day our precious birthmother signed, we went out to Olive Garden, and I wept. There was no joy. It was not a day to celebrate, not a day for dancing.

Today is the time to dance. It's a girl! We have labored and delivered, and great joy is ours.

God gives good gifts. He gives and takes away, and I pray for grace to worship Him when He takes, but today is not that day. Today He has given. Today we celebrate. Today, we dance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are celebrating with you!!! I'm doing a happy dance at my computer!!! Yayyyy!!!!!!!! JOY! He is a Good God!!!!