Friday, December 14, 2012

Blogger on the run

I have just uploaded the mobile version of blogger, which means, good news for you, I can now blog while sitting on the john, or nursing, or riding in the van (none of which I am doing right now).  In fact I am sitting in front of my husband's cushy desktop computer, the one I'm barely allowed to look at, and it is turned off, so I can try out this new thing. 

The real beauty is that I think it will be easy to put up pictures, poorly taken by me with my phone also (I honestly thought the whole camera-on-the-cell-phone concept was superlatively stupid in the beginning, like trying to sell bottled water) so that will be fun too.

Anyway, happy Friday.  Although I was pretty sure yesterday was Friday.  Yesterday I started off on a Jesus high, stayed there for most of the day until son #3 broke my heart by asking me if A) he will be required to do school and chores on his birthday, at the end of March and, when I said yes, but that he can work ahead so it's a free day - not new information - he asked B) what would happen if he didn't get it done. 

Now that might not sound heartbreaking to you, but what I heard was this:  I am planning to have a bad attitude and be rebellious and disobedient 2.5 months in advance and I would rather think about how awful you are as a mom than about how I can get my stuff done early and take my birthday off, this from a boy who is usually done before lunch and frustrated that everyone else still has work to do. 

It's the sullenness and the repetition that gets me.  Anyway, hours later, my good mood blown, several other issues later, husband not home from work, feeling unsupported and quite sorry for myself, same kid asks how I'm doing, I tell him.  He gives me a phenomenal hug and says, Mom, maybe you should pray.  And I do.  And it doesn't all go away, but there was Jesus and grace to finish the day.

P.S.  experiencing technical difficulties with the photo thing, but I'll figure it out.  And yes, my right thumb is numb from text typing a whole blog post.

No comments: