Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Grown-up Christmas List

If you have some extra cash in your budget, here's what to get me.

Actually, if you really have extra cash, I know some missionaries who could use a little extra to get to Indonesia, go to www.thenoeths.blogspot.com, and I know of several little cuties that could use some help coming home to their new families, go to www.babynumber10.blogspot.com or www.lakesfamilyadoption.com or https://adopttogether.org/wallisfamily/


Now, back to joking.

I would like, first and foremost, for my children to be kind to each other for the whole day. Every day. For the rest of their lives.

I would love for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to be free of technology. Smart phones, iPads, laptops, e-mails, facebook and uselessfacts.com are all things that will make my Christmas less merry.

A Jaguar. Dark green.

Christmas dishes to serve my whole family. I have 8 plates that are white (ivory-ish) with blue snowflakes and service for 4 (cups, bowls, saucers, plates) of another blue and white snowflake pattern. That makes 12. I have 15 people living in my house, so I would love at least another 3. It would be great to have lots more, some of them plastic. You don't have to buy these for me. Just tell me if you see them somewhere.

And in the name of family dining, I would also enjoy the following: a dining room table that seats 20 or so, new silverware that matches and serves 40 or so, a kitchen/dining room floor that doesn't double as a puzzle on a rainy day, and a nice set of non-Christmas dishes, plates, bowls, saucers and cups, that feed 40 or so, are beautiful, not breakable, microwavable, dishwashable, and come equipped with a homing beacon so that they are never lost under furniture, in the yard, at other peoples' houses, or in the van. Oh, and drawers. I would like the drawers in my kitchen to work. That's all.

An adequate storage system for all of my daughters' crap. Like maybe a warehouse, underground, with an elevator, similar to the one in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And speaking of that factory . . .

Chocolate! Without sugar or carbs that is free and doesn't give me a bellyache or diarrhea.

I would like to have an operational recording studio set up in my house. Just a decent microphone, boom stand, appropriate wiring for my keyboard and the necessary technology on a computer that can keep up. Operational is the key here.

My laundry room could use an overhaul, including several additional square feet. We now have 10 relatively capable laundry helpers, each with a laundry bin of stuff to put away daily, but not really space to set the bins all out while sorting. Maybe some kind of rack to put them all on would be sufficient. Ideas. I need ideas.

A coat that keeps me warm, isn't bulky, and doesn't make me look like something big and round.

Speaking of round-ness, I would like to somehow have the ability to lap swim every other day or so. This means I either need one of those lap swimming mini-pools, or better, a full sized indoor swimming pool, 25 meters preferably - which would probably require moving, or a membership to the Y and time to go. The trick with this is, of course, the nursing baby. My husband is sort of quirky about me leaving a nursing baby at home, in that, if baby gets hungry, Daddy will feed him. Weird. And, over the long haul, that will likely lead to early weaning, which is not on my Christmas or birthday list.

More babies. Twins, a boy and a girl. Or a handful to adopt. Or both.

For all my humans to really know Jesus.

A truckload of discipline and self control, in 3 hour portions preferably, able to be stored at room temperature in childproof packages. Better yet, another truckload of child sized portions of the same, except in patch form.

A big bottle of Bailey's Irish Creme with no calories or sugar or alcohol.

The recipes for several different kinds of meals that are all easy to make, healthy for all bodies, delicious to eat and wonderfully inexpensive.

For my dog to stop pooping when he is left alone in the house.

Time. Time to read all the books I've been stock piling. Time to write a book (and the wisdom to know what to say). Time to spend with each of my treasures before they slip through my fingers, hopefully safely in the Lord's faithful hands. Time to go all the places I need to go and do all the things I need to do without stressing my husband and older children out or neglecting my younger children. Time to write the songs still in my heart and half recorded on my phone.

Several comfortable and supportive upper undergarments, both nursing and otherwise.

Is that so much to ask?

No comments: