Monday, December 21, 2009

the dark side (as opposed to the bright side)

i'll be honest. there's no bright side today. (i'm talking about the biggest loser portion of the blog, here.) if i were on the show, jillian would be cussing me up one side and down the other. you'd be watching from home and thinking, vote her off. i pretty much swam my way out of a vat of cookie dough today. i made enough for a double batch sunday, and today, well, i think we made 13 cookies. i had help with the cookie dough, but not as much as i needed.

part of me wants to just say, forget it, it's Christmas time, give it up till new years. but i can't. for one thing, it's not a gentle down hill slope. it's a plummet, a cliff. and it's a bitter, crappy climb back up to even the measley vantage point i'm at right now.

for another, as i may have mentioned, sometime i hope to be pregnant again. and my baby is old enough that (as people have started to mention to me) it could happen any time. see, my first 9 babies were born with a spacing of between 15 months and 3 weeks and 17 months and 2 weeks. only my last two have more like two years between them. so when my youngest gets to be 7 months or so, people start looking for an announcement of some kind. my husband even has someone at work that sent out an e-mail predicting one of our due dates, before we were pregnant.

i do the same thing. especially because, as childbearing women are aware, about the time my body is ready to start thinking about being able to become pregnant again - i go through a couple weeks of thinking i AM pregnant again. then, i'm not, and life will go on. but every time my baby is a certain age, i start to wonder . . .

and with that wondering, as i get older, is the knowledge that my body would handle a pregnancy a whole lot better if i weren't so dang fat. and i know, i know it would be better for me to get healthier before getting pregnant again. i know this. it is ridonkulous (my hubby's word) to say to God, here i am, take all of me, use me however You will, and then eat as if i'm trying to commit suicide 15 different ways (diabetes, high blood pressure - those kinds of ways).

having said all that, here's approximately what went in my mouth today:

cookie dough
3 normal sized chocolate chip (whole wheat) pancakes (no butter or syrup)
cookie dough
cookie dough w skim milk
cookie dough
homemade chicken noodle soup (big full bowl)
coffee
cookie dough
some cookie dough
2 cookies (we actually cooked them)
frappucino
2 pieces pizza
pomegranate tea w honey
and i may have had some cookie dough i didn't mention

1 comment:

Paige said...

mmmm cookie DOH!

I love you... and I think perhaps we need to formulate a plan to exercise together... like walking around the inside of a mall before any of the stores are open yet, (like one day a week) pushing a stroller and letting the children play in the play area... or something... I know you walk the treadmill... but I don't. and the high blood pressure is killing me.
the whole walking thing is easier come spring... hmm.

I don't think I burn what I eat, at all.