Monday, December 14, 2009

Life is made of ups and downs . . .

some days we smile some days we frown
but every day we wear a crown
because we're kids of the King, la la la la

did anyone else ever listen to the super gang?

did well for breakfast, did well for lunch, had about 1/3 cup chocolate chips around 4, ate spaghetti, meatballs and broccoli for supper and about 1/3 cup mint chocolate chip ice cream. not amazing, but not too bad. i need a plan for that afternoon crazy time.

i go from extreme cold turkey thoughts to permissive i can handle a little here and there thoughts to oh well i've blown it, might as well eat the world thoughts. but i guess one big motivation for me is that i might have another baby sometime, and if i want to stay pregnant until a baby is done cooking, i have to eat differently than even a little chocolate chips and a little ice cream. i have to be extreme. it is so hard to remember that in the moment of the valley of decision, though. i think about ways to remember the urgency, writing on my hands, on my cupboards, etc. i'm sure the best thing would be to not have stuff in the house. mutiny. there might be blood shed. but no, because my husband wants to eat healthy also, and we want to raise our kids to eat to live and not live to eat.

i was singing another kids' song from the way-back machine today: self control is just controlling myself, it's listening to my heart and doing what is smart; self control is the very best way to go, so i guess that i'll control myself.

and there was more self control today than not, and for that i am thankful to God who causes all fruit to grow in my life. i stopped when full, sweetened my tea and coffee with honey, and didn't consume the entire bag of chocolate chips. but that isn't good enough if i want to have a healthy pregnancy again someday.

Lord, help me to be a good steward of the body You gave me.

1 comment:

Paige said...

You Go! You're doing great.